Care@Home aims to facilitate wellness and social care services to the aging population in their homes through an interactive multime- dia system. The idea is to help the social support system for the eld- erly and facilitate this as a personalized communication and service channel in their home. The technology provides two-way communi- cation for family, friends, and care givers. Additionally, the system aims to provide an enhanced lifestyle by offering entertainment and services within the household together with on-line shopping and community information.
- Defining the use scenarios and their business models, taking into account user acceptance and usability challenges;
- Exploration of wearable physiological monitoring technology for observing and caring for the human physical states while in the home environment;
- Development of an open platform to enable add-on services based on the scenarios;
- Development of social care services;
- Demonstration, validation, and assessment of the services in field trials.